Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Dolls I Designed // AG Create Your Own Line




Today American Girl's new Create Your Own doll line was launched. On the website, you can design your own doll from 5 face molds, 3 vinyl tones, 7 eye colors, 7 hair colors, 16 haircuts, and 5 hairstyles. You can also add earrings, freckles, hearing aids, and glasses. You can even have your doll have two different colors of eyes. I don't believe these additions cost more money in addition to the $200. The price also includes one of six outfits, that you can choose, and an accessory set. I was surprised to see that some of the options were "low inventory" or "back ordered". The Ivy face mold is "back ordered".

I wanted to show you a few dolls that I created today!



This doll has the Josefina mold, grey eyes, freckles, and long straight blonde hair. I picked the two low pigtails for her hairstyle.



I was dissapointed to see that there was not a haircut that was shoulder length without bangs. This doll has the classic mold, green eyes, and brown medium length hair. I think the classic mold on the website doesn't look like the actual classic mold...



This doll has blue eyes, red short curly hair, and the Ivy mold. Cute!

Next I wanted to see if it would be possible to create a look alike of a doll that has been retired (like a GOTY).


This was as close as I could get to a Kanani look alike.


Cecile look alike.


Lindsey look alike. Of the look alikes I tried, I think this one looks most like the original doll.

I'm interested to see pictures of some of the Create Your Own dolls that people have created and purchased. Like, what the haircuts and colors look like on an actual doll, rather than an edited digital version.

I think it's fun to put together unique dolls on the AG website and see what they would look like! Have you created any yet today?

6 comments:

  1. Yes, I have designed a couple of dolls. The one's you made look super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was disappointed as well that they didn't have a shoulder length hair cut without bangs or curls. Oh well.
    I love that one with the red curly hair and the Ivy mold!
    Yes, it's so much fun!
    ~Mira

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the dolls you created look so cute! I haven't looked at the website, but I think it would be fun to customize some of my own dolls! :D Maybe during the weekend...;)
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much!! I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete