Friday, June 26, 2015

Freckles!

I noticed on other blogs and YouTube channels that people had been able to give their dolls removable freckles.  I just love freckles look on dolls, so I decided to try my hand at freckling!

I looked up a number of different ways to do it.  Most used washable markers or washable watercolors.  I used the latter.  This video from AGsmiless uses a toothpick  for the application of the paint (which I imagine would be better for the doll's vinyl), but I couldn't find one, so just gently used the end of a paperclip.  Afterwards, I dabbed the paint with my finger to make the freckles look more natural.
Before...

After!
I really like the way they turned out, with some larger and darker while others are lighter and smaller.


Although it may appear in the picture that there is sections with no freckles, it's just because they are very light and didn't make it into the photo.




I also put a freckle below his left knee (the right one in the picture).



2 comments: