Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Day 2 -- Part 1: Ice Cream Sandwiches

Today I will be doing two craft posts on how to make fun 4th of July snacks for your dolls!  First up is ice cream sandwiches!IMG_2582To make these ice cream sandwiches, I used these two tutorials: This one from Fun With AG Fan and this one from AmericanGirlFan.
The main difference between the two tutorials is that one has white fabric puffy paint for the "ice cream" part, and the other tutorial on American Girl Fan uses thick craft foam.  I try to make things out of just the things I have around the house, and since I didn't have thick craft foam, I used the puffy paint instead.
These are the supplies I used:
IMG_2568IMG_2571
First, cut rectangles measuring 1" by 2" out of dark brown craft foam.  I cut 6, to make 3 sandwiches.
IMG_2569
One cut, I used a bobby pin end/a pencil to make little indents like so:
IMG_2570
Spread the puffy paint on the wrong side of one of the rectangles, and place another on top.  I made the puffy paint thick so it would be more realistic.  If the paint slipped out over the sides (so that it kind of looked like a smore), I gently smoothed it to make it straight.
IMG_2572
I made a couple more and let them dry.  They took a long time to dry!
IMG_2582
Enjoy and be sure to share what you think of this post by clicking one of the answer to "What do you think?" below!

No comments:

Post a Comment