Sunday, July 9, 2017

How I Gave Beth Faux Bangs // Hair Tutorial


Some of you said you'd like to see a tutorial on how I gave Beth faux bangs in the last post. So here we go! If you'd like to see the YouTube video which I got this idea from, click this link.


For this hairstyle, you will need some bobby pins, two elastics, and a headband. I used my own headband and tied a knot in it to make it fit around Beth's head. This hairstyle will probably work better on a doll with wavy or curly hair, because then the bangs will have contour, but I have not tried it on a straight haired doll yet.


First, put your dolls hair in a high ponytail.


Separate hair from the top of the ponytail and flip it forward. This hair will become the bangs. It's okay if it's a bit long right now.


The hardest part is to arrange the hair on the forehead to create the bangs. Pull the hair to make it longer and shape it around the doll's face. Pin it carefully in place with bobby pins.



Slip the headband on to cover the bobby pins.


Smooth the extra hair and put a elastic around it at the base of the ponytail.


Twist the pony into a bun and pin in place.

Ta da! Now your doll has a completely new and different look!

9 comments:

  1. So cool! I can't wait to try this on my dolls! Have you done this to yourself? I've tried a little...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I haven't done it on myself yet. :)

      Delete
  2. This is a really neat idea, and turned out great on Beth! I should try this on Clara... :-D
    ~Gracie
    smileandcraftag.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Thanks for posting this. I actually don't currently have a doll with the right length/style to do this, but I am totally trying this on my little sister!

    ~Natalie@TheAGSpot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. That came out great! Really really well done

    ReplyDelete