Saturday, January 21, 2017

Blogger Recognition Award

Meg and Michelle at Canadian Doll Notebook nominated me for the Blogger Recognition Award!! Thank you so much!


The rules are as follows:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
2. Write a post to show your award
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
5. Select 15 other bloggers for this award
6. Comment on ecah blog to let them now you nominated them and link to the post you created

My story

I hadn't intended to start a doll blog. It sort of just happened! I already had a blog (it was Wordpress), and posted various things on it. I posted things I wrote and stuff I found interesting. Naturally, when I became interested in sewing and photographing my dolls, that made it the blog in the form of posts. Over time, my blog became devoted to all things doll! I believe this happened 3 years ago. Anyway, I now blog about dolls!

Advice to new bloggers

1. Blog design! I feel like an organized blog design is really important. Light colors behind dark colors are easier to read. There are some great color schemes put together out there, and those can be a wonderful way to make sure everything is organized. Also, pick a font that is easy to read. 

2. Have fun! Make posts that are fun for you to do!

I nominate...


Okay, that's not 15 but 9 is pretty good too :) My apologies if I doubled anyone up!

Thank you again to Meg and Michelle!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for accepting your nomination! I agree about blog design, we are currently working on ours, hopefully when we are done it will be easier to navigate and read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure thanks for nominating me! Yes, I feel like it is quite important. I'm always trying to improve mine as well.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the nomination, that is too kind! Yeah, I would say that blog design is my weakness as well. I just don't have the time to really learn more about it, but I totally agree that it is important!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I do like how your pictures/posts are in the middle of your page. I need to do that.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the nomination. We'll get on it shortly!
    ~Xyra

    ReplyDelete