Thursday, June 22, 2017

My Thoughts on the New Release!


Since I never got around to doing a post on Z's release, I thought I'd talk about what I think of the new items AG released today. You can see them all on the American Girl website here. I'll just be mentioning the 18inch doll stuff, so to see the human, Wellie, pet, and Bitty items be sure to visit the AG website.

(all photos are from Americangirl.com)


                                      Gabriela's Loft Bed 
 This is Gabby's cute bed. I think all the little items have great play value. 
                                     Gabriela's Chair & Ottoman Set 

Also for Gabriela, this is a cute set, but I think the pieces are small for $75. I saw one blogger mentioned that there is a MyLife chair almost just like this one for about $10. 

                                         Gabriela's Take Flight Performance Outfit for 18-inch Dolls 

This is Gabby's "Take Flight" performance outfit. The top and the skirt are separate. With the skirt being sheer, I feel like the top should be a leotard. The details (like the butterflies) are nice. The green top has silver threads mixed in. The slippers are cool.

                                       Tenney's Sparkling Performance Outfit for 18-inch Dolls

Tenney's "Sparkling Performance Outfit" is one of my favorites from this release. Although I don't usually buy American Girl clothing except on rare occasions (i.e. 2016 penguin pajamas), I see a lot of mix and match potential for the shoes and jacket.

                                         Logan's Performance Outfit for 18-inch Dolls 

Logan's performance outfit seems a bit simple to me, but that's fine because Logan needs more clothing and if it's versatile then all the better! The jacket is very cute. 

                                        
                                        Truly Me™ Doll #69 + Truly Me Accessories  

I hadn't seen the three new Truly Me dolls until the release today. #69 reminds me of #55, but her hair is shorter, more like #33's style. She also has brown eyes.

                                        Truly Me™ Doll #68 + Truly Me Accessories 

agwebkinz010 on YouTube had a custom doll that looked like #68 (I'm not sure if she still has here) and I thought she was pretty cute! 

                                            Truly Me™ Doll #67  + Truly Me Accessories 

This doll reminds me of #46 and Gabriela.... But this girl's hair is so much longer! She is #69. How long would her hair be if it was straightened??? 😮

There are also several new Dolls Without Hair (70, 71, and, 72); they are "limited quantity".

Oh also! I like the new TM meet outfit! Even though the shoes are apparently plastic, I still like them. They are sparkly, after all.
                                      American Girl Grand Hotel
This hotel theme is such a good idea! It can also just be a doll's bedroom (like Tenney???). I like that the back is like the front desk of the hotel.

                                        AG Grand Hotel Luggage Cart

This is a nice set to go with the hotel theme.

                                                Travel in Style Luggage
 This reminds me of Grace's suitcase; I think doll suitcases are adorable.

                                          AG Grand Hotel Room Service Set

This goes with the hotel as well! The food appears to be a cinnamon roll, fruit, and bacon. I like it!

                                            Travel in Style Accessories
These items seem small for $28, but the sunglasses!! I like the color scheme.

                                            Travel in Style Dress for 18-inch Dolls
 I like this color! This is a travel dress.

                                              Print Corduroy Dress & Ankle Boots Outfit for 18-inch Dolls

This dress is made of corduroy.

                                            Print Tank Top & Purple Skirt Outfit for 18-inch Dolls

I like this tank top, but I would put it with something other than that skirt. 

                                             Classic Knit Sweater & Corduroy Pants Outfit for 18-inch Dolls 

I think these items would be better if they were paired differently. I really like the shoes!

                                          Mixed-Knit Sweater & Mesh Flower Skirt Outfit for 18-inch Dolls 

I really like this sweater. I feel like my dolls need more long sleeve stuff. The skirt is kind of Eastery, I think, which is just fine with me.

                                           Mixed-Knit Sweater, Leggings & Moccasins Outfit for 18-inch Dolls


Okay, the sweater goes with these leggings much better.

                                               Peplum Top & Tweed Shorts Outfit for 18-inch Dolls 

I like the color and design of the top! The boots I really like, since I don't have Grace.
                                           
                                          Ombre Sunglasses for Dolls 
 I like more glasses for dolls! The colors of these are so wonderful!

                                            All-Star Soccer Outfit for 18-inch Dolls 

This is blue (I know a lot of AG fans want more blue/green rather than pink/purple) and Logan could totally wear this!!

                                        Hot Lunch Set 
I know there has been many lunch sets, but I like these tacos!

                                         School Backpack Set 
I see a lot of play value in this set, with a tablet, pencil, notebooks, cards, paper, etc. etc. I like the design of the backpack! What does the key go to?

                                            School Locker Set 

This is blue like most lockers I see!
                                       Class Pet Hamster 
Lastly is this hamster set. I really like this! It's unique. The lid comes off and everything can come out (except for the shavings I think).

Well that was a long post, but I hope you enjoyed reading my thoughts haha!

What's your favorite item from this release?

2 comments:

  1. I like the hamster set and bunk bed, but am not too crazy about most of the outfits. I do like Logan's outfit, the soccer outfit, and new Truly Me outfit though!
    ~Mira

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wish list is the hamster, room service tray, and graphic tee shirt.
    ~Xyra

    ReplyDelete