Sunday, November 15, 2015

Christmas Stockings

To decorate my fireplace, I made a stocking for each of my girl dolls. To do so, I bought a felt stocking. From the stocking, I was able to make four doll sized stockings, and would have been able to cut another if needed.
 
 
I had read that measurements for doll stockings should be around 2" wide and 4" tall. Taking these measurements, I drafted a pattern. These are the different versions of the stocking I made before settling on the third one.


All four made!

 
To hang each of the stockings, I cut four strips of skinny black ribbon that were 3" long each.

 
I looped the ribbon and hot glued it to the back so I could hang the stockings.
 
 
Lastly, I put the first initial of each girl's name on the stocking with black puffy paint.



 
I made the stocking hangers from Sculpey. I took pictures of the process, but now I can't find them... It was pretty simple, I just got a lump of clay and formed it into a chicken leg shape on a flat surface. Once I had that basic shape, I picked it up off the surface and shaped it to have a hook. 



 
And then I got distracted and took pictures of Beth :)



10 comments:

  1. OK... those stocking are so adorable and amazing..... wow. Beth's dress is so pretty! :) And you take great pictures! What camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much for the kind words, Clara! I usually use a Nikon Coolpix P520 :)

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! Really? Wow! Those are awesome cameras. :)

      Delete
  2. I would have never thought of using puffy paint for the names on the stockings! Super cute as always. ^_^
    -Leah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I experimented with a lot of different ways to do it, like with Sharpie or fabric paint but eventually settled on puffy paint :) Aww thank you :)

      Delete
  3. Those are so adorable! You come up with the cutest crafts! And Beth is so beautiful, wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am glad you enjoy them :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh! I love the stockings! They are adorable!:) The pictures you took of Beth are gorgoues, she is such a pretty doll!:)
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Emma! They were certainly fun to make :) Thank you I am so happy to have her!

      Delete