Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Curling Teddie's Hair

I received a request a while ago to explain I curl Teddie's hair, so here it is! :)


I use a doll hair brush and spray bottle with water. (I also used a toothbrush at the end of the post)


Here is Teddie's hair before I start working on it. 


I separate a curl that I want to redo.


I then brush it out gently, starting at the ends.


I twist it in the direction it naturally curls. Just a note: Teddie has some difficult curls, that seem to start going one way but then go the other. 


After twisting, I let go.


Often, I then position the curl with my fingers.


...Continue around her head. I prefer taking sections of hair that vary in size.


For added measure, I may use a toothbrush to smooth out the hair. In the picture above, you can see where sectioned the hair to curl it.


A new, unused toothbrush can be used to smooth the sections together. I think I first heard about this on YouTube, but am not sure what channel.


Ta da! No separations!


As for her bangs, there are many ways to style them. I've seen some Maryellen's whose bangs go straight down, while others are whisked off to the side. I prefer a style somewhat in between these. I comb the bangs with a toothbrush.


I love the volume of Teddie's hair! :D

Well, I hope you enjoyed this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment