Saturday, November 12, 2016

Kanani Restored

I have enjoyed working on Kanani the past couple weeks. I tightened her loose limbs. Before, she had trouble standing on her own. Now she is a pro! I cleaned her vinyl with a Magic Eraser twice to remove any dirtiness. I combed her hair, conditioned it, trimmed off a few split ends, and curled it for 48 hours. Time for the reveal!

 
↑  Her hair before... 


After!


↑  Before... 


After!

I am really happy with the way she turned out! I hadn't originally planned on conditioning her hair, but after I brushed it out and curled it once, it was prone to tangling and such. After conditioning her hair, it was sooo much better and shiny! 

If you want to see more pictures of her, check out her Ebay listing here. Kanani is such a cute and pretty doll and I am so happy I had her for a couple weeks and was able to restore her. Now she is ready to be loved again!


8 comments:

  1. What kind of conditioner did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used Pantene Pro-V hydrating conditioner that I had on hand. I ponytailed her hair so that I would be sure not to get the wig cap wet. I used conditioner only on the ponytail. I think the key is to make sure to massage gently and rinse it very thoroughly.

      Delete
    2. Oh, ok, thanks! I definitely want to try this on my Kanani. 😄

      Delete
    3. Cool! If you do, you will probably have to recurl her hair. I curled Kanani's hair with foam rollers after I washed it.

      Delete
  2. Oh, she's gorgeous! How do you part with her?!!? She's beautiful beyond words- I LOVE Kanani- wish I could get her myself!
    ~ Light4theLord
    https://dollsnall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be sad farewell!! Thank you! I agree that Kanani is a very pretty and adorable doll! :)

      Delete