Sunday, February 19, 2017

Brooke in a New Dress!

I did a little sewing this week! When Sophie at ProjectAGRunway posted this free pattern, I had to try it!

I used a black eyelet fabric, which had stretch to it. Since the eyelets are basically little holes in the fabric, I put a leotard on underneath the dress. That is the turquoise that can be seen. I kind of like that, because I can change the color of the leotard and make the dress look different!

I think the only thing I did different than the pattern instructions was the armholes are a little smaller.

If made with the appropriate fabric, I think this dress pattern could serve as a swimsuit coverup too.

Some additional photos:

Thank you to Sophie for making this great pattern available for free! I had no problems sewing it, and it fits perfect! I've started another dress with the pattern and hope to finish soon :)


  1. This is awesome Victoria! Thank you so much for trying it out! May I feature you on February's Fan Fashion?

    1. Thank you! Absolutely, I can't wait to make more! Sure thing; thanks for asking! :)

  2. Absolutely GORGEOUS! I love that!
    ~ Light4theLord

  3. This is such a cute dress! I love the idea of making it with eyelet. I actually made one of these too! I agree, it is a really cute pattern.


  4. Beautiful dress! I love that black fabric. :)

    By the way, we've started posting on our blog again, if you'd like to check it out. Here's our blog address:


  5. Brooke looks lovely, as always. Nice job!

  6. So fun! I thought the blue under the eyelets looked like sequins :-) . I think I might try this pattern.

  7. Congratulations! You've been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award!
    ~ LIght4theLord