Monday, July 27, 2015

Boy Swim Shorts and Flip Flops

I sewed these upcycled shorts some time ago, but couldn't decided if I would put them in my Etsy shop or not.  I think I will keep them for my OG boy, and show them to you here!

 
For the base of this design, I used the basic shorts/pants pattern from Pixie Faire.  I made many additions to the pattern to make it look like swim shorts.


As I was changing the pattern and adding stripes of white to the sides and cuff, I transferred the measurements to paper to reuse if I ever want to make another pair.

Bonus Picture!

The pockets on the side are real and can open.  I meant to add Velcro to the flaps but forgot! 


When I was dressing the boy doll for these photos, I realized he didn't have any good shoes for the beach.  So I made him flip flops!  They are made of black craft foam and hot glue.  I cut the soles using a sole pattern that was part of a pattern on Pixie Faire.


 
 
Thanks for reading!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment