Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Canvas Slip Ons

A few weeks ago, I downloaded the Pixie Faire Freebie Friday Canvas Slip On pattern.  I was excited to try out the pattern so my dolls could have a pair!


For the outside I used black stretch denim because I wanted the shoe to be sturdy and also versatile.  The lining is turquoise blue cotton with sparkles.


I didn't have any 6mm craft foam like the pattern required to make the sole.  Instead, I used one 2mm sole pattern piece and a piece of thin cardboard (which was about 2mm as well). 



Although I didn't have any bias tape for the tab on the back of the shoe, I hadn't planned on including the tab in my pair anyway.

For the strip around the bottom of the shoe I used a piece of the lining fabric, folded it over, and stitched.


After sewing them, I was really hoping they would fit!  I tried them on, and they fit pretty well.  The only thing is that my doll's heel had to hang off the edge of the sole for the toe not to press up against the front of the shoe.  That's ok though.

I think the finished product is cute!  My dolls will definitely be wearing these often!

2 comments:

  1. Did you think the pattern was easy to follow? I'm curious, I downloaded it too, but I haven't tried it yet. Yours turned out cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think it was fairly easy to follow. Thank you!

      Delete