Friday, August 21, 2015

UP Inspired Outfit

A new doll calls for new clothes!  

To make this cute outfit inspired by Disney's UP, I started with the t-shirt.  I used this pattern, and lengthened it about 3/4 of an inch at the hem.  Before sewing the pattern pieces together, I ironed on a picture of the UP house with balloons.  I found the image on Google images.


The shirt has great mix and match ability because of all the different colors of the house and balloons.

The leggings are upcycled from the sleeve of a child's shirt.  I cute it the length I thought it would need to be, and measured how long the legs should be.  I cut a line up the middle to make two pant legs (similar to how I would make a pair of doll tights from a sock) and stitched.  The waistband does not need elastic.  The hem has a cute decoration.


The two pieces:


I've been having fun trying out hairstyles on Beth's short hair.  Here are some bonus shots of her hairstyle:



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the shirt! It's so cute and the placement is perfect.

    ReplyDelete