Sunday, August 2, 2015

Lacy Kimono

I accidently posted this earlier today before it was ready.  It didn't have any pictures yet!

I made this cute top out of sweatshirt fleece using the tutorial on Many Small Friends here.  It was supposed to be for my American Girl Doll, but it turned out a little small because I didn't have enough fabric.  My slimmer Kidz n Cats doll always needs new items for her wardrobe, and it fits her great!


I liked the raw edge look in one of the examples on Many Small Friends, so I didn't hem the sleeves or the neckline.

It has a boatneck

Lace at the hem
I still wanted one for my American Girl Doll, though, so I made another!  This time, since my fabric piece was too skinny, I added an extra strip.  You can see it at the shoulder.
 
 
 
The extra strip of fabric on each side lengthened the sleeves, so I cut little thumb holes.

 
Also, I updated my Kidz n Cats and OG boy's profile photos on the Meet my Dolls page


No comments:

Post a Comment