Thursday, August 6, 2015

New Shoe Shelf

This week I made a new shoe shelf to store all my doll shoes!  My last one, which you can see pictures of here, was getting cramped with the new pairs I have acquired, so I thought it was time to expand.

Each shelf is about 3.5" deep, and 13" wide.  The whole thing measures about 20" tall.  It is made of foam board, hot glue, scrapbooking paper and Mod Podge.  I put Mod Podge on the shelves to make them more durable, for instance if after a photo shoot the shoes have dirt or water on them :)

 
About 4 pairs of shoes can fit on one shelf (depending on the width of the shoes).  In total it can hold about 28 pairs.  I put the shelves at an angle so that they could be close together, to maximize space, while still being able to see the shoes.
 
 
The sides have hooks and clips for storing accessories.


 
I put holders for the glasses on the other side, as well as some hooks for my doll's necklaces.

4 comments:

  1. This is the best storage for doll shoes I have seen in a while, it even has hooks to store necklaces, glasses and earrings! Amazing job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I tried to make it as useful for accessories as possible!

      Delete
  2. That is fantastic! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete