Saturday, October 31, 2015

Thoroughly Modern Millie Costume

My dolls didn't all dress up this year for Halloween, but I thought I would show you the costume that I sent in for the American Girl Fan photo contest!

Last year I made a Thoroughly Modern Millie 1920s Flapper Girl dress. This costume is based on Millie Dillmount's costume in the 2002 Broadway musical, which is based on the 1967 movie of the same name starring Julie Andrews. To read more about Millie and the inspiration for the dress, see the post I made last year here. That post also talks about what fabrics and pattern I used.

This year I paired the dress with a pair of black flats from Hobby Lobby and a human pearl necklace. The necklace was a little long, so I clipped it in the back. The style of the time was to have super long necklaces like in the picture below:





 
Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

  1. That's so cute! Love the dress.
    -Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your costume is too cute! It looks extremely well made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! It was one of the first things I made using a sewing machine :)

      Delete