Sunday, October 18, 2015

'Banded Dolman Shirt' pattern

Doll-it-Up recently published a free pattern called the 'Banded Dolman Shirt'. I was excited to see this style of shirt offered as a pattern, so I downloaded it!

I thought these shirts were cute, I had to make two!

 
The first one I made was of a purple and white striped knit fabric.  I believe this fabric has rayon in it, but I'm not completely sure.  It has a different texture than regular t-shirt knit.

 
The shirt is designed to be made of stretchy knit fabric, because it doesn't have any closure.

 
The second one is a little more dressy. I made it from a sequin t-shirt!

 
The back of this one is solid black t-shirt fabric. It is a little tight to get on.  I think the sequins make the fabric less stretchy.  I might add Velcro to the back.

 
I also made this hat from the Newsboy and Beret Hat pattern that was free on Pixie Faire last Friday.

 
The hat is fully lined, so it can be reversible!  I think the black side looks great with the sequin Dolman Shirt.
 
 


6 comments:

  1. Those are adorable! And I was so excited when I saw that that cap was the free pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shirts are adorable! I love the sequin one on Rebecca! Awesome job!:)
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emma! I made a third shirt from this pattern and am excited to post it hopefully soon!

      Delete
  3. I love your shirts! I'm glad you gave us the details about the fabric you used! They are just so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, I appreciate the free pattern a lot!

      Delete