Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Shrink Film Charms

For Christmas, I got some sheets of Shrink Film. ShrinkFilm is cool because when you bake it, it shrinks to about 50% of it's original size. This is great for making jewelry items, like charms.
 
 
I colored the things I drew with Sharpies, but the back of the package says you an other utensils as well.

 
I drew this butterfly and cut it out. The small box I cut with an Xacto knife, so I can put a jump ring through when I make a necklace. I put the butterfly on my ruler cutting board to show how big I drew it.


 
After baking for 2 minutes at 300F, the butterfly shrunk down to this size! When I took it out of the oven, it was kind of warped. I figured out that if I pressed a metal spatula on it as soon as I removed it from the oven, it would flatten.
 
 
I am excited to make more charms from the Shrink Film, as well as make doll sized utensils. These are the other things I made:
 
 
Have you ever used Shrink Film or made Shrinky Dinks?
 


4 comments: