Saturday, January 2, 2016

American Girl Books

I love reading and writing, especially historical fiction! Before I got Maggie (Rebecca) I had never read any American Girl books. I read Rebecca's first book last Christmas. Last week, I discovered that my local library had tons of American Girl books! They have historical, Beforever, mysteries, and GOTY books. I read 'Maryellen: The One and Only' last week. The story was really nice and teaches some good lessons.


This week I read 'Caroline: Facing the Enemy' (my library didn't have the first Caroline book). Caroline is very courageous and can quickly make sacrifices in order to do what is right. I enjoyed reading about the Beforever girls behind the dolls that I have seen often :)

I also borrowed a History Mystery by Barbara Steiner titled 'Mystery at Chilkoot Pass'. It was about a family traveling for the Klondike Gold Rush. It would be cool to see a doll with the features of the main girl in the book, Hetty. She has black curly hair and green eyes.

I hope to continue reading more AG books!

Also, I added a poll to my sidebar, I would love it if you would check it out and share your opinion!

Have you read any American Girl books? If so, do you prefer the historical or GOTY ones?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment