Thursday, January 28, 2016

Beth's Bed


Beth's bed was pretty simple to make. I wanted to have under the bed storage, so I didn't make it like a box. The bed measures about 20" by 10" and about 5" high. I was able to make it from one piece of foam board from the Dollar Store. I cut two of each piece and hot glued them together to make the bed more sturdy. I may eventually add a simple headboard.

 
The bed length gives a little bit of room on every side, as you can see below. Since Beth's room is kind of on the smaller size, a compact bed was essential.

 
Here you can see the doubled foam board.

 
I made a simple mattress/cushion using an old sheet. A cut a rectangle and sewed the edges close. The inside is actually folded up tulle. I had extra that I wasn't using, so I put it in there.

 
The bed still needs blankets and pillows, which I am excited to start on. Next I want to make a bunk bed of foam board for the other two girls. I think it will work...
 
Thanks for reading!


8 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I can't wait to see what you do for the bedding! BTW I love your new blog header!
    -Leah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm thinking her room colors will be dark red and royal blue :)

      Delete
  2. That is so cute and it looks really easy to make! :)
    ~Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kaitlyn and yes, it is pretty simple and inexpensive to make!

      Delete
  3. Looks great! Thank you for the idea of using an old sheet to make the mattress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, sheets make for great fabric!

      Delete