Today I'm going to walk you through how I made Maggie and Brooke's new bunk bed!
I used hot glue and two pieces of foam board from the Dollar Store, plus a little bit of a third one. I also needed an Xacto knife, scissors, and a ruler.
I made a line down the middle of the foam board, so I can cut two pieces each 10x21 inches. This pair of pieces will make one bed, so you will need to do this twice to make a total of four pieces!
Glue two pieces to each other, to make it really sturdy. Do this with the other pair as well.
For the legs of the bunk bed, I wanted to make sure it would be sturdy, so I cut 12 pieces about 1.5 inches by 16 inches. I put them in groups of three and glued them together, to make four really sturdy legs.
To attach the legs to the beds, I cut a little chunk out of the corners of the bed.
As you can see, I cut about an inch.
This is the foam board I had left over, which I decided to use for headboards.
To make headboards, I used a plate to trace a curve on one side. The arrow is so I would remember which side is up before I drew the curve :)
I glued it all together, and painted their initials on the headboard.
And now for pictures of the finished bunk!
And Brooke is here for a size comparison:
I made a mattress for Brooke's bed. I used purple swirly cotton, and filled it with polyester fiber fill. I got it at Wal-Mart for $3.50. I'll be using it for the pillows too.
For a blanket, she has some pink fleece.
Now I need to make Maggie a mattress, and some pillows :) I hope to find some green fabric for Maggie's bed, to match her initial on the headboard.
I hope you enjoyed this post!